Pages

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Cycling for Trout


Last Saturday was a picture perfect day for a ride. Our little gang of pedal punks (Me, Lowell, Brian and Blane) met early Saturday morning and cycled through some of the hills of northern Seto City. The ride proved a bit challenging, especially in the area around Nagoya University. But the clear sky and brisk air kept me charged for the duration of the trip. We stopped at a small family owned trout farm and tried our hand at some fishing. I've always had bad luck with fish, so it didn't surprise me that I didn't catch any. The guys caught more than enough for our lunch. The cute Mama san quickly prepared the catch (grilled, fried and the rest sashimi styled). Served with rice, pickels and red miso soup, I must say that it was the best trout I have ever eaten in my life (and I've lived in Japan for almost 20 years). Let's face it: The Japanese know fish. Yes, cycling and fresh trout. A perfect day in my book.



Trout on a stick!

No comments:

Post a Comment